SALE Special: $50 off First Course Resources Kit
Kit + tuition now $99 each (regular $249)
Plus BONUS DISKS regular $49 now FREE
Herbal Classics Library CD-ROM , with electronic versions of six classic herbals from the North American, British, and German folk and medical traditions and the
Folk Remedies Database CD-ROM with authentic folk and native herbal treatments from more than thirty different cultures and regions for more than 40 different conditions.
First Course in Medical Herbalism
- Learn the use of 15 herbs and their combinations for more than 20 common conditions.
- Learn six of the most important herbal actions, and several herbs in each category.
- Learn the basic principles of vitalist herbalism, relying on the natural healing forces in the body.
- Learn how herbs fit into the larger pattern of diet, nutrition, and lifestyle
- Learn the basic principles of herbal formulation
- Study actual cases of vitalist herbalism in action
- Learn the basic principles of safety when using herbs to avoid adverse effects or drug-herb interactions
- Learn how to save money by making your own herbal tinctures
This is an entry level course for the study of herbal medicine, and presents the context of the vitalist approach to healing, nutrition and lifestyle, and also a basic introduction to formulation, with case-based study, You will learn 15 herbs and how to use them to care for more than twenty different conditions. Most important you will learn how to study an herb, which will establish a foundation for effective future learning. This is a project-oriented course, you will taste the herbs, journal their effects, make your own tinctures, devise formulas, and study actual clinical cases. Do not mistake this to be a simplistic introductory course, it contains within it the inspiration, hands-on experience, tools, terms and concepts, and methods of application, and case based learning that many contemporary herbalists missed out on in their own education.
Buy this product in our online store In the Resources Kit for this course you will receive 14 herbs, materials for making 3 of your own tinctures, 106 pages of notes in a binder, 2 audio lecture disks, a data disk with with a PDF library of 6 classical herbal texts from North American, British, and German folk and medical traditions, and a copy of the Folk Remedies Database CD-ROM from Paul Bergner, with authentic folk and native herbal treatments from more than thirty different cultures and regions for more than 40 different conditions. Students enrolled in our courses are also eligible for a 10% discount on purchases at Mountain Rose Herbs.
(each lesson includes 3 hours of reading and/or tapes, and averages 1 hour of projects:)
Lesson 1. How to study herbalism, herbal forms, and herbal actions Lesson 2. 4 Alterative herbs. Lesson 3. 2 Immune-enhancing and antiseptic herbs Lesson 4. 4 Sedative herbs Lesson 5. 2 Herbs for women Lesson 6. 2 Energy tonics Lesson 7. Healing strategies, with case studies Lesson 8. Herbs and common medical conditions
How to enroll
- Purchase the Resources Kit study materials in the Distance Learning section of our Online Store
- You will receive an application and an enrollment form with the materials.
- Fill these out and send them in with a $25 application fee.
- This entitles you to student support and faculty contact for 16 weeks after we receive your enrollment. You may also request an extension after that.
- Work through the lessons and assignments, sending your projects and answers to study questions in after each lesson.
- Tuition of
$120$99 is due when you send in your first lesson and assignments.
The certificate for this course will reflect 36 hours of continuing education.
About This Course
- Hours: 36
- Term: 16 weeks
- Cost of materials:
- Tuition cost (optional):
- Enrollment fee (optional): $25